Thursday, July 15, 2010

Your Days Are Numbered

My wife left this evening to serve on the team for the Women's Walk to Emmaus in our area. This is an incredible 72 hour experience based on the story told in Luke 24:13-35, which I highly recommend to everyone.

I wrote a letter to Connie that I will take over to the church sometime this weekend. I can't explain why, but I started the letter this way:

"6,868 & 10,368. Do you know what those two numbers represent? Believe it or not, the first number is the number of days I lived before we went on our first date. The second number is the number of days since then. Can you believe that almost 2/3 of my life has been spent with you? I am so thankful that God has placed you and me together!"

Putting my time on earth in terms of days really impacted me. I began to wonder how many days I have left. How much of my life have I lived? (Go here if you'd like to calculate the number of days between two dates).

As I was pondering this, I realized that my days are truly numbered. I then told myself that I don't want to waste one of the precious days I have left. How about you?

Carpe Diem!

Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes.
James 4:14


No comments: