Monday, July 26, 2010

Faithfulness

Faithfulness. Not a word we use very often today. Yes, we know what it means. But typically we know what it means because of things or people who are unfaithful. It could be our old car, a relationship or even the balance in our 401 (k)! But one thing is for sure...our God is faithful. In fact, He never changes and He is always in our corner.

Yesterday, our student ministries pastor, Keith Luke, delivered a well done message on this fruit of faithfulness. He said something that really caught my attention.

He described the path that he and his wife have been on the past couple of years and how they have ended up where they are. He said, "If I were to write my story, I certainly wouldn't have written it like God has written it. I would have made the path much straighter and smoother."

I could really relate to that statement. I look back over the past five years of my own life and I could say the same exact thing. The fact is that we all want comfort and ease. However, comfort and ease typically don't help us to grow the way adversity does. God knows this.

Jesus told us in John 16:33, "In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” He promises us trouble...BUT, He also gives us great news that He has overcome the world!

So, yes, our lives will not be easy. Yes, we will go down paths that we would rather not go down. Yes, we may even be uncomfortable. But our God is faithful and He knows what is best for you and me.

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.
Romans 8:28

No comments: