Monday, July 12, 2010

Mixed Emotions

Yesterday was a sad day...and yet an exciting day.

We helped our oldest daughter Kristin to move out into her own apartment. She has been living at home since getting her first "real job" as a nurse last fall. So now she is off on her own.

This is very sad for us because we love to have her around. This also foreshadows what is soon to happen with Molly and Robbie in the months and years to come. Empty nest syndrome. I never thought I'd be saying that about our home, and yet, here it comes. Can you pass the tissues?

On the other hand, this really is exciting because we're watching Kristin spread her wings. She is going out into the world with all that she has learned from us and others and we get to see her become who God made her to be. We could not be more proud of her.

I keep trying to focus on all that really good stuff, but I still have an ache in my heart. I sure hope it goes away soon!

There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven.
Ecclesiastes 3:1

No comments: