Friday, October 22, 2010

Shhhh...

Today is my favorite day of October. Not because it's the 22nd, but because it is the day I scheduled my monthly retreat.

Earlier this year I began the process of getting away for most of a day to worship, pray, listen and whatever else I feel led to do (read, write, plan, etc...). I have been going to a cabin in the woods in a beautiful setting.

It just so happens that today's retreat comes at an interesting time. I am extremely busy right now and a big part of me would rather stay in my office and plow through some of the things I'd like to get done. However, experience has shown me that these times of quiet listening have been some of the most productive times I have (which goes totally against my nature).

So, I am going to trust God that He is going to show up in a mighty way today. I can't wait!

"Be still and know that I am God."
Psalm 46:10a

4 comments:

Unknown said...

have a great day, Jim.

Jim Lange said...

Thanks Ripken! Just got back and it was great as usual!

Galactic Catholic said...

Praying for your continued growth toward Christ.

Jim Lange said...

Thank you so much GC--I really appreciate your prayers!