Tuesday, October 19, 2010

You Can't Have A Testimony Without The Test


As mentioned in my last post, I participated as a table leader for the Walk to Emmaus this past weekend. At my table were five other individuals, many of which had experienced some severe life tests.

During one of the discussions, I asked the table, "Why do you think God wants to use us to reach others on earth, when we are all so messed up?" One of the guys at the table, who had perhaps lived the most difficult life, responded by saying, "Because we are messed up." He went on to say that because of his tests, he will now be able to help people who are going through similar things. He was absolutely right.

I have heard it said that God never wastes a hurt. He will use it for good. The fact is, it's impossible to have a testimony without the test.

Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.
James 1:2-4

No comments: