Monday, October 11, 2010

We All Have Faith

Have you ever heard someone described as a "man of faith" or as a "woman of faith"? Sure, we all have.

For some reason I was thinking about this while driving on a trip with my son a week or so ago. We happened to be traveling at dusk over a two-lane road in Indiana which was anything but straight. I have to admit that it was a little frightening with the oncoming traffic coming at us and being somewhat difficult to see.

I realized that the only way I could continue on was if I had faith that the driver coming at us would remain on his or her side of the yellow line. The same is true for all of us. We all have to exercise faith everyday just to function...even if it is only faith in someone else to do what they are supposed to do.

In other words, we are all men and women of faith.

The real question is, what are we placing our faith in? If we place our faith in man, we will eventually (and always) be disappointed. However, we can be assured of one thing. If God promised it, you can always count on it, even if it seems impossible.

Forsaking
All
I
Trust
Him

It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in man.
Psalm 118:8

No comments: