Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Dreaming

The Dreamgiver by Bruce Wilkinson is one of my favorite books. In it Wilkinson shares a parable about a guy named Ordinary who lives in the town of Familiar. He wakes up every day and goes to the Job and then comes home every night and watches the Box. Sound familiar?

Then one night, Ordinary is visited by the Dreamgiver and his life is forever changed. He gets a dream for his future. What separates Ordinary from most everyone else in Familiar is that he decides to chase his dream.

The book goes on to show the challenges and the joys that Ordinary experiences during his journey. It truly is a great read and very inspirational.

The reason I like this book so much is probably because I'm a dreamer. I like to look at situations as they might be. Some might say I'm naive and that it is a weakness. Perhaps that's true; however, I prefer to look on the bright side of things. It certainly is more fun than the alternative.

I believe that each of us has a dream and that we were made for greatness. I also believe that our gifts, talents and passions give us an indication of what our dream is. God has wired each of us a certain way on purpose and for a purpose. Check out this short video which talks about our dreams - click here.

So what's your dream?

No comments: