Thursday, May 22, 2008

Playin' Hooky


I love the movie Ferris Bueller's Day Off (pictured above). This is probably because of the fact that I am not very good at relaxing and I admire people who have an attitude like Ferris. I'm not sure why I struggle to relax, but it's the truth.

I am getting better though. For the second time in a week I'm playing hooky.

Last Friday I took my son Robbie (turns 12 next week) out of school and we spent some time at Wildwood Metropark. He says we hiked. I think it was more like a walk, although I'm not sure I know the difference. In any case, we traversed the grounds for about an hour on a beautiful afternoon.

Then because we burned up so many calories and needed to put them back, we stopped at Handel’s for some incredible banana cream pie ice cream. It was a great afternoon.

This morning, Connie and I are going with Robbie and his classmates to watch the Toledo Mud Hens against the Louisville Bats. I can't wait!

1 comment:

Rick said...

Great stuff, Jim! Enjoy the family time!