Friday, December 05, 2008

Are You Listening?

Yesterday I spent some time with someone I have known for a long time discussing Truth At Work. Gary is an extremely successful insurance agent and expert on sales (in fact he does a lot of sales training). He is someone I look up to and respect a great deal. I have always enjoyed being with him.

I left our meeting feeling really good. As I reflected on our time together, I was wondering what it was about Gary that makes me feel this way every time I am with him.

I realized that he is an excellent listener. He doesn't talk much about himself and he is always very interested in me when we are together. That's probably why I always feel so good when I am around him. I guess that also explains why he is so good at what he does!

My dear brothers, take note of this; Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry.
James 1:19

No comments: