Monday, December 29, 2008

Click

I am not usually a huge fan of Adam Sandler movies; however, yesterday afternoon I watched Click with my wife. It was an incredible movie with a great message--I highly recommend it, especially if you are one who possibly works too hard at times.

In the film, Sandler plays a work-aholic architect who is climbing the ladder of success...only to find that it is leaning against the wrong wall. He finds a universal remote control which allows him to fast forward through his life to get to the "good stuff" (his promotions, etc...). However, what he discovered is that by doing this he missed out on the truly important stuff.

This message hit home with me as God is really working on me in this area of work and life balance. I sometimes have a tendency to take things into my own hands and to try to "make" them happen rather than doing my best and leaving the results to God. I tend to have an "outcome based" definition of success.

God is showing me that success has nothing to do with outcomes. Success is just being in His presence.

3 comments:

goooooood girl said...

i like your blog......

crystal said...

Good blog!
laptop battery

laptop battery said...

Like your blog!