Thursday, December 04, 2008

Unity

Robbie (my son) and I attended the University of Toledo vs. UMass basketball game last night in the newly renovated Savage Arena. All I can say is "Wow!"

Wow, because of the game, won by UT on a tip in as the final buzzer sounded.

Wow, because of the neat pre-game ceremony in which my former coach had the court dedicated in his name. It will now be called "Bob Nichols Court."

And wow, because of the incredible new facility. Savage Arena is a beautiful venue and it is something that all of Toledo can be proud of. It has to be one of the nicest arenas in the Midwest. And it all took about 9 months to complete.

That is amazing. As I was sitting there last night taking it all in, I was struck by how quickly all of this was completed. There were many involved in this project from donors to volunteers to contractors. There could not have been any dissension in the ranks for a project of this magnitude to be completed in such a short time.

I was reminded of the great power of unity.

"I in them and you in me. May they be brought to complete unity to let the world know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me.
John 17:23

No comments: