Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Habits

Do you have a New Year's Resolution?

Each year, I try to evaluate my life and look at changes I can make to help me in my life. My eating habits are almost always on the list. This year I have several other things that God is working on in me that are important changes for me to make.

I recently read this from an unknown author which I thought was very good:

I am your constant companion.
I am your greatest asset or heaviest burden.
I will push you up to success or down to disappointment.
I am at your command.
Half the things you do might just as well be turned over to me,
For I can do them quickly, correctly, and profitably.
I am easily managed, just be firm with me.
Those who are great, I have made great.
Those who are failures, I have made failures.
I am not a machine, though I work with the precision of a machine and the intelligence of a person.
You can run me for profit, or you can run me for ruin.
Show me how you want it done. Educate me. Train me. Lead me. Reward me.
And I will then...do it automatically.
I am your servant.
Who am I?

Many of you know this, but the answer is "a habit."

We all have habits, some good, some not so good. Habits are very powerful, but bad habits are not so powerful that they cannot be turned around. With God's help anything is possible!

I can do everything through Him who gives me strength.
Philippians 4:13

No comments: