Monday, December 08, 2008

Smile

My son and I did something last night that we rarely do, we went shopping...at the mall! You want to talk about a couple of ducks out of water! We literally had to consult with the mall directory three times to find our way around.

Anyway, I noticed while walking around that many people seemed very rushed. Many also seemed unhappy. I thought how sad this is. Then I realized that this describes me many times when I am stressed and rushed. I know I need to chill out and enjoy the season, but sometimes I just keep making it more difficult than it needs to be and I miss many opportunities to simply smile.

This morning I was reading The Blade and there was an article by Tom Walton about clever T-shirt sayings which made me smile. I thought I would share some of them here so your Monday can start off with a smile like mine did.

"I'm not bossy, I just know what you should be doing."
"Obey gravity … it's the law."
"What if the Hokey-Pokey really is what it's all about?"
"You're starting to make sense. It's time to up my medication."
"I'm not a waitress, but I play one at home."
"Do I look like I'm kidding?"
"Jenius."
"They say I have A.D.D. but they just don't … oh look! A chicken!"
"Keep staring at me. I may do a trick."
"I'm still HOT, it just comes in flashes now."
"Nothing ruins good parenting like teenagers."
"Instant human-Just add coffee."
"What is the speed of dark?"
"Bad spellers? Untie!"
"I'm actually quite pleasant - until I wake up."
"Sometimes I wonder, why is that beer truck getting bigger? Then it hits me!"
"Still young enough to know everything."
"Always being right is an awesome responsibility."
"I childproofed my house, but they still get in."
"Organized people are just too lazy to look for things."
"Ever considered being a mime?"
"Take my advice. I'm not using it."
"Why be difficult? With a little more effort, you can be impossible."


There. Now you're ready to tackle your week...with a smile!

No comments: