Sunday, July 26, 2009

Family Time

I'm in Virginia this week at an incredible resort with my family. To be honest, none of us were overly excited about this place for some reason. I'm not sure why. Some of us (my daughters) were hoping for a beach. Some for relaxation (my wife and I). From what we could tell on the resort's website, this looked like it offered neither.

However, we were pleasantly surprised. This place is awesome. We have been able to relax and even get some time at the pool with a couple of beautiful days this weekend. All around us is beauty. Mountains, trees, wildlife. In fact, this evening, we were sitting on our balcony which overlooks a ski run that is under construction when we noticed a mother deer and her three fawns.

We quickly made our way out to the ski slope to see them more closely and hopefully get some close-up pictures. We were able to do that and I even got the above shot of my daughter Molly trying to "fit in" with the deer so they wouldn't notice us. It didn't work too well but it did give us a laugh.

Anyway, I hope you all enjoy your week as my posts will probably be pretty sparse in the coming week.

No comments: