Monday, July 06, 2009

Shaqtastic


I am a Shaquille O'Neal fan. I always have been. I think he is very funny and I think he handles his fame well. Sure he's made some mistakes, but overall I think he's a good guy.

He was recently acquired by the Cleveland Cavaliers to play alongside LeBron James, also known as "the king." Many people in this situation might have come in demanding all the attention. Some might have resented LeBron and all of his fame. It seems that is not the case with Shaq.

As stated in the above clip, Shaq's "motto is very simple--to win a ring for the king." According to this statement, he sees himself as coming alongside LeBron to help him. It is also clear to me by his comments that he knows who the biggest star is on the Cavaliers...LeBron, as he had this to say, "I'm now in the security business. I'm here to protect the king."

To some, this may seem like trivial stuff. To me, I find Shaq's humility and team spirit very refreshing. Though I'm not a huge Cleveland fan, I'll be rooting for the Cavs this year.

No comments: