Wednesday, July 01, 2009

A Prayer-less Leader



While I was in Hong Kong several weeks ago, I heard Allen Hood speak. He is with the International House of Prayer (aka IHOP) in Kansas City. He said something that has been rattling around in my brain for the past weeks, "A prayer-less leader is a power-less leader."

As much as I don't want to admit it, that's one of those axioms that I think is right on the money. This is an area in my life where I have not been extremely strong. However, I was convicted during my time overseas that I needed to step up my prayer life. I am doing so by continuing on with my daily time with God and adding a trip to the Greater Toledo House of Prayer once per week. This morning is my morning to go. And you know what? I am actually looking forward to it! That is a good thing for me!

"It is written," He said to them, "My house will be called a house of prayer..."
Matthew 21:13

No comments: