Friday, February 09, 2007

Not my Plans


Don't you hate it when things go awry!

I have a short day today because I am charged with picking up our new cat from the Vet today at 1:00 before they close (my wife is working today). He just got de-clawed. So, I had great plans to get into the office and get lots of stuff done this morning.

Well, it was not to be.

I utilize Franklin Planner Software and sync it up with my Palm Pilot. My Palm decided to freeze up this morning which caused me to have to hit the reset key. As a result I lost all my data on my Palm. Fortunately, I still had it on my computer.

When I tried to sync, I lost data on my computer and nothing went to my Palm. Ughhh.

However, for once in my life I was thinking. I performed a backup just prior to this so I was able to get back to where I was on my computer. However, syncing with my handheld was still an issue.

I have just spent the past 2 hours chatting online with Franklin support. They have been very willing to help and have suggested some things, but nothing seems to work.

I am saying all this to let you know that my plans of getting a lot done this morning just went out the window.

I don't know about you, but I sometimes think that everything I am doing is SO important and MUST be done. Like the fate of the world depends on it. Who do I think I am? I must think I am pretty important.

For that reason, I am glad God uses these roadblocks from time to time to bring me back down to earth.

No comments: