Friday, February 02, 2007

The Power of our Experiences



As many of you know, I am a huge Ohio State football fan. One of the greatest quarterbacks in Ohio State history is also one of the greatest embarrassments to the state of Ohio. Art Schlichter has spent numerous years in jail for actions he took to feed his gambling addiction.

Art was also a member of the Indianapolis Colts who are appearing in the Super Bowl this Sunday. A great quote appeared in a story on CBS's site:

"But I didn't set out to embarrass the city or the Colts. It just worked out that way. I love Peyton Manning and what he stands for. He does things the way I used to do things in college. But I don't look back and wonder what could have been if I wasn't a gambler. It happened. That's the way it is. All I can hope to do now is stay on the path I'm on now. Each day gets a little better. I'm happy where I'm at right now."

You see, Art Schlichter seems at peace now because he is trying to use his failures, his mistakes and his experiences to help others. Something we all can do.

No comments: