Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Tony Dungy Comments


I don't know if you saw this or not, but immediately after the Super Bowl, Jim Nantz from CBS was asking Tony about the significance of the fact that he was the first black head coach to win a Super Bowl. Below are his comments:


Jim Nantz of CBS Sports: This is one of those moments, Tony, where there is also social significance in this victory, and to have your hands on the Vince Lombardi Trophy. Tell me what this means to you right now.


Tony Dungy: I'll tell you what. I'm proud to be representing African-American coaches, to be the first African-American to win this. It means an awful lot to our country. But again, more than anything, I've said it before, Lovie Smith and I, not only the first two African-Americans, but Christian coaches showing that you can win doing it the Lord's way. And we're more proud of that.


How cool is that? He is a leader I would want to follow!

No comments: