Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Judging Others

A friend of mine sent me the link to this commercial from Ameriquest...absolutely hilarious.

I used to live in this world in which I didn't want to share anything about me to anyone, especially if it involved my weaknesses. That changed radically for me when I became part of a weekly men's group which met to study the Bible and "do life together."

I was pretty uptight about the first meeting. However, I remember driving home and feeling like the weight of the world had been lifted off my shoulders because I was able to share some burdens that I had been carrying alone.

Anyway, the point of all this is that during the first year and a half in this group, every one of us (6-7 in the group) had experienced a major life issue in which the support of the group helped immensely. It was during this time that I had the realization that we are all messed up people, every one of us. That has helped me on two fronts: 1. to be more open with others and 2. to hopefully not be as quick to judge others.

While the above video is pretty funny, it is also a good reminder to us to not judge others too quickly, or preferably not at all!

"For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you."
Matthew 7:2


No comments: