Thursday, May 27, 2010

Rear View Mirror

"God always looks better in the rear view mirror than in the windshield."


That's a quote I recently heard that I really like. I was reflecting on that as I was writing a future newsletter for my subscribers this morning (if you would like to receive this at no charge, you can sign up at www.bleedership.com).

This particular newsletter issue I'm working on deals with the pain we experience in our lives and how God promises that He will use it for good if we love Him and are called according to His purpose (see Romans 8:28).

The way I see it, God can turn our tough stuff into good in a lot of ways, but in this particular newsletter I'm focusing on two:

1. It can later be used to help others who are going through similar struggles
2. It can be used to make us better and to further develop our character making us more suitable for the job God has for us

We need to remember that God does not waste anything, especially our hurts.

We also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope.
Romans 5:3-4

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Heard a good quote recently along these lines, "God doesn't waste a good failure - He will weave it into a story of glorious proportions if we will only give him a chance." quote from Linda Hackett)

Jim Lange said...

Thanks Mom2six for checking in and for sharing that cool quote. I love that!