Monday, May 03, 2010

Soaking in the Son


Yesterday afternoon I was watching the show Life (on Discovery Channel) with my oldest daughter and my wife. The show was focused on reptiles and amphibians and it was fascinating. I found myself continually astonished at how they captured the incredibly detailed video footage. Quite amazing.

At one point during the hour-long show, the narrator, when describing a sun-bathing lizard, said, "Reptiles are cold blooded so they must warm themselves in the sun because a cold reptile is a slow moving reptile." Without this renewed vigor from the sun's rays, they could be in danger from their predators.

You know, the same is true of us. Though not hawks or snakes, we, too, have predators. And we, too, need to spend time in the Son in order to be rejuvenated and protected.

Very early in the morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, left the house and went off to a solitary place, where He prayed.
Mark 1:35

No comments: