Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Slow to Speak

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
Abraham Lincoln

To be honest, the music played in the above video makes me cringe...it's just not my type of music. In fact, prior to last week I had never heard of the Wood Brothers. I don't know, maybe I haven't heard enough...

A friend of mine, though, shared with me a lyric in this song and I think it's fantastic, "Sometimes the tip of my tongue is the barrel of a gun, and it’s loaded."

And so true for so many of us.

Have you ever said something you wish you could take back? Sure you have.

Will you join me in practicing what God's word clearly tells us to do and be slow to speak? Maybe we can even make an effort to take things to God before we speak them...now there's a novel idea!


Set a guard over my mouth, O Lord;
keep watch over the door of my lips.

Psalm 141:3

No comments: