Monday, August 31, 2009

Be Still

For our anniversary this year, Connie and I decided to take a weekend getaway to Kelleys Island. We had gone there last year and stayed in a bed and breakfast there which was great so I decided to make reservations there again. Unfortunately, I was a little late in doing so, so we got one of their smaller rooms which did not have its own bathroom.

When we arrived, we were surprised to see that the room not only was smaller, but the bed was too (It was a double bed!). Some of you may be wondering why this is a big deal. Well, I'm 6' 8" tall so I was going to be hanging off the bed more than normal.

In any event, we tried not to focus on that and to just enjoy each other and the island. Well, that is exactly what we did. We had an awesome time and even were able to sleep a bit though we weren't as comfortable as we would have liked. It truly was a fantastic, relaxing weekend!

We both realized that we need to carve out more time out of our hectic schedules to be with each other. We also recognized that we need to do the same with God.

Be still and know that I am God.
Psalm 46:10

No comments: