Thursday, August 27, 2009

Letting Go

Yesterday was a monumental day in our household. It was the day my son, Robbie, cut our lawn by himself (well, almost by himself) for the first time.

This is a big deal for several reasons. One, it gave my son a shot of confidence. And two, because it means that I might be willing to let it go.

What I mean is, I tend to be a bit picky about our lawn. It's kind of a hobby of mine. (I know, I need to get a life).

Anyway, I like the lines to be straight when it is mowed. After my son was done, they were not quite as straight as I normally like to see them (that is an understatement).

However, I am extremely proud of my son because he worked hard and worked at it with all his heart (Col. 3:23). I also recognize that he is much more important than any patch of grass. I just need to let it go and not worry so much about how the lawn looks and focus on his heart.

No comments: