Friday, August 21, 2009

Even Eagles Need a Push



"You never know when one act, or one word of encouragement can change a life forever."
Zig Ziglar

Have you ever known you needed to do something, but froze in fear of doing it? Have you ever had someone come alongside you and encourage you to just do it? Maybe they even gave you a push of sorts.

Afterwards you may have even looked back and said, "Wow, I am so glad they encouraged me to do that! That was just what I needed to do! I don't know what I was fearing!"

We all need people to push us because our natural tendency is to remain in our comfort zones. Yet, the only way we can grow is to get out of that comfortable space.

So, who do you allow to push you? If you can't think of anyone, I would suggest asking someone you respect. Who do you push and encourage? Again, find someone! As the above quote and video shows, it could change a life forever.

But let us encourage one another--and all the more as you see the Day approaching
Hebrews 10:25b

No comments: