Monday, August 03, 2009

Re-entry

We returned from our incredible vacation early Friday morning. It was very enjoyable with some great family time and some quality relaxation time. This was the first time we had ever returned from a trip with a three day buffer like this. Normally we would return on a Saturday or Sunday night with the workweek staring us right in the face. This has made my re-entry most enjoyable (or at least not as painful as normal).

I was able to catch up on some things in the office on Friday as well as get unpacked and sort through the mail. That allowed us to relax a bit on Saturday and Sunday and enjoy the incredible weather we are experiencing. I told Connie last night that we need to schedule trips with a three day buffer at the end all the time.

Because this buffer, or margin existed for me, this reduced my stress level considerably. This just serves as a reminder that I need to look for ways to add this same margin into my schedule every day as well!

No comments: