Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Choices


I have heard it said that life is about choices and our choices will determine how fulfilled we are in our lives. I believe this 100%.

Joyce Meyer has said that love is not a feeling, it is a choice. When we are married, there will be times that we don't really like our spouses. However, we need to choose to love them anyway. Hollywood messes up our minds on this by trying to get us to buy in to the notion that love is a feeling. Not true.

A friend of mine asked me the other day, "Jim, if someone spit on you does that make you angry?"

I said, "Absolutely!"

He said, "No, it doesn't. It makes you wet. It is your choice to become angry."

After thinking about this for a second, I had to agree. Again, choices.

Jesus promised us trouble in John 16:33. When trouble or adversity strikes, it's not what happens that will determine our destiny; it's how we react to what happens. It's the choice we make that will matter.

Check out the above video to see some inspiring stories from others who have decided to make great choices.

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."
John 16:33

No comments: